Next-gen scheduling app leverages real-time supply chain visibility to facilitate collaboration between shippers and carriers
FourKites launches the Universal Appointment Manager solution in APAC
CHENNAI, India, May 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — FourKites®, the leading real-time supply chain visibility platform, today announced the launch of Appointment Manager℠, its universal appointment scheduling solution, in India, Australia and New Zealand. Cloud-based solution helps warehouses, distribution centers and manufacturing facilities collaborate efficiently on pick-up and receiving time slots, saving significant time and improving day-to-day operations and relationships with partners. Additionally, the highly configurable solution allows shippers and carriers to eliminate excessive on-site downtime, eliminating holding costs and significantly reducing carbon emissions.
Managing facility schedules is a notoriously time-consuming task for shippers and carriers. According to data from FourKites, with carrier wait times averaging over 3 hours per day, Appointment Manager improves facility productivity and reduces carrier wait time by more than 50%. Highly configurable for custom needs, Appointment Manager allows shippers and carriers to collaborate in real time and enables carriers to self-book their preferred time based on real-time transit conditions, eliminating hours of daily administrative work and error-prone manual processes.
Specifically, Appointment Manager offers the following benefits:
- Work optimisation: Leveraging FourKites Dynamic ETA® to provide the most accurate arrival times, teams can better allocate manpower and resources based on real-time data and changes in expected arrival time.
- Ease and compliance with carrier schedules: Appointment Manager creates a single appointment layer accessible to both shippers and carriers to streamline communication and facilitate collaboration. Time slots are created by the facility to ensure compliance with preferred times, business rules and specific product requirements.
- True end-to-end visibility: Powered by real-time supply chain visibility data from FourKites, Appointment Manager extends visibility into the facility even further through a streamlined interface. With FourKites, stakeholders receive a complete, end-to-end view of shipments from point of origin to predictive information that helps orchestrate activities in the facility.
- Decreases carrier detention costs: With optimized scheduling, on-site carrier stays can be virtually eliminated, allowing shippers to avoid detention fees and fines for truck queues on public roads.
- Reduction of carbon emissions: Planning and operational efficiencies driven by Appointment Manager reduce the time carriers spend on site by hours and eliminate a significant amount of on-site carbon dioxide emissions.
“We are excited to extend the simplest and most flexible appointment scheduling app to the APAC market,” said Mathew Elenjickal, Founder and CEO of FourKites. “This revolutionary solution helps shippers around the world maximize end-to-end visibility, efficiency and sustainability, and quickly adapt to changing business needs. We are excited to launch Appointment Manager in Asia Pacific, tailored specifically to the needs of local facilities.
FourKites® is the world’s #1 supply chain visibility platform, extending visibility beyond transportation to jobsites, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking over 2.5 million daily shipments by road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 200 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help businesses digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands, including 9 of the top 10 CPGs and 18 of the top 20 food and beverage companies, trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains. To learn more, visit https://www.fourkites.com/.
Big Valley Marketing for FourKites
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at: https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/575786c4-0298-4ce7-84ea-8bf78d04557d
Via the GlobeNewswire RSS feed https://ift.tt/H3iDl1s